Tai Yue Ngam Teng is located at the eastern side of High Island Reservoir, near to Sai Wan. At the top, Tsang Pang Kok can be viewed. It is also one of the sharp peaks in Sai Kung, while the 2 others are Sharp Peak and High Junk Peak.
|Starting Pt.||25 mins||65 mins||45 mins||65 mins|
|Sai Wan Pavilion||Chui Tung Au||Sai Wan Shan||Tai Yue Ngam Teng||Long Ke Tsai|
|30 mins||30 mins|
|Long Ke Wan||High Island East Dam|
|Duration||4 hrs 20 mins|
|Exit / Branch||None|
|Highest Pt.||Sai Wan Shan (314M), Tai Yue Ngam Teng (233M)|
|Difficulty||Level 8 [Advanced]|
To Sai Wan Pavilion
- Taking Residents’ service route 29R at Sai Kung Town Centre, and get off at Sai Wan Pavilion (terminal);
- Taking taxi at Sai Kung Town Centre, and get off at Sai Wan Pavilion.
From East Dam (High Island Reservoir)
- Taking Shuttle Bus to Sai Kung Town Centre (booking is required, for details, please visit here);
- Taking taxi to Sai Kung Town Centre (booking is usually required).
- There is no official country trail to Tai Yue Ngam Teng, clambering is required;
- It is recommended to bring along with enough food and water; it is not recommended to hike alone.
Hong Kong Island ♦ Kowloon & TKO ♦ Sai Kung ♦ North East NT ♦ North West NT ♦ Central NT ♦ Lantau ♦ Other Islands