Cape D’Aguilar is a cape in the South of Shek O, it is designated as Marine Reserve. It is not easily accessible by the public, part of the road accessing to Cape D’Aguilar is privately by Swire Institute of Marine Science, a research faculty of the University of Hong Kong. Recently, Cape D’Aguilar is widely promoted by the media, subsequently attracts many visitors to come to this hidden gem, especially in public holiday.
|Attractions||Cape D’Aguilar Cave、Gun Fortress、Lighthouse (HK-158)、Cape D’Aguilar Sea Cave、Crab Cave、Whale Bone、Cape D’Aguilar Fort、Kau Pei Chau|
|Starting Pt.||30 mins||30 mins||10 mins||10 mins||10 mins||60 mins|
|Quarry Gap||Hok Tsui Tsuen||Cape D’Aguilar||Cape D’Aguilar Fort||Lighthouse||The HKU Swire of Marine Science||Quarry Gap|
|Duration||2 hrs 30 mins.|
|Exit / Branch||You can start at Radio station which can be reached by taxi|
|Difficulty||Level 4 [Beginner]|
|Transportation||Route||Get on/off at|
|Bus No. 9||Shau Kei Wan ⇔ Shek O||Quarry Gap|
- Take taxi directly to Radio Station.
- Cape D’Aguilar road is only accessible with permission (except taxi), passengers can only be picked off in the area of Radio Station.
- Hikers should keep quiet in the road to Cape D’Aguilar
- Cape D’Aguilar is a marine protected area, hikers should keep it clean. Water activities are also prohibited.
- Lighthouse, fort and Gun Fortress are precious historic monuments, do not climb on them which may cause damages.
- Be aware of the dog in Cape D’Aguilar Road. The road to Gun Fortress in Hok Tsui Tsuen nearby is not clear.
- The trail to fort is fenced, and the fort is not stable, it is not recommended to visit the fort (the route to fort shown in the map is for reference only).