Caution: The route is mostly involving hiking along with the rocky edge, which is a slightly dangerous. Hikers should notice the weather broadcast and tide timetable in advance to the hike.
Siu Po Pin is located in Sai Kung, at the southeast cape of Pak Lap Wan. Siu Po Pin looks like a small Po Pin Chau at Fa Shan. There are splendid views of hexagonal columns in the island, as well as an inverted cliff and a sea cave named “Mok Min Cave".
|Attraction||Inverted cliff, Mok Min Cave (Sea Cave)|
|Starting Pt.||15 mins||30 mins||30 mins||30 mins||45 mins|
|Sai Kung Man Yee Road||Pak Lap Wan||Siu Po Pin||Mok Min Cave||Pak Lap Tsai||Sai Kung Man Yee Road|
|Duration||2 hrs 30 mins|
|Supply||Store at Pak Lap Wan|
|Exit / Branch||Mok Min Cave and Pak Lap Tsai can be skipped.|
|Difficulty||Level 7 [Advanced]|
|Comments||After leaving crowded Pak Lap Wan, when you hike along with the rocky edge to Mok Min Cave, you will find the adventure scary and exciting. After the adventure, there are sea stacks, sea caves, they are accompanied by rushing water, you will find the scenic view spectacular, and you will never be bored by the route.|
Sai Kung Man Yee Road
- Taking taxi from Sai Kung Pier to Sai Kung Man Yee Road (at the block toward Pak Lap).
- When leaving, call a taxi at the store of Pak Lap Wan, then walk to Sai Kung Man Yee Road then take taxi (walk about 15 minutes).
- At the route from Pak Lap Wan to Siu Po Pin, it is all rocky edge with 1-2 quite a vertical cliff. Hikers are recommended to go together with experienced hikers.
- At the route from Siu Po Pin to Mok Min Cave, hikers are required to climb up, clambering is required. It is recommended to bring along with gloves.
- If ahead to Mok Min Cave, it is recommended to notice the tide timetable.
- It is recommended to bring along with enough food and water.
- There is no telephone signal in Pak Lap Wan.